General Membership Luncheon Meeting
May 5, 2004 - 12:30 to 2 pm AR 136
1. Approval of minutes of April 7 meeting - draft minutes posted at:
2. President's Report
3. Membership Report
4. Treasurer's Report
5. Grievance Report
6. Professional Staff Report
7. Adjunct Faculty Report
Information Items -
8. Sick Leave Deductions study committee being formed - Volunteers?
9. AFT Scholarship study committee being formed - Volunteers ?
10. Phased Retirement Program proposal benefits to unit members - Volunteers ?
11. Retirees' Chapter - being formed by Brenda and Paul Cohen - First meeting: June 23, noon to 2 pm, AR 154
12. COPE Program importance in elections and influencing legislation
13. AFT Email List Serves - information will be distributed to full-time and part-time faculty
via the "facultydiscussions-l" list and to adjunct faculty via the "afaft-l" list.
Approximately 60 faculty have removed themselves from the "facultydiscussions-l"
list and not many adjunct faculty have signed onto the "afaft-l" list.
Go to http://www.tcnj.edu/~aft/email.htm for information about these e-mail lists.
Old Business -
14. Tuition Remission Program talks to be restarted this summer - Volunteers ?
15. Professional Staff - Evaluations, performance-based promotions and "No-Limit" work isses
16. Curriculum Transformation
a. Update on current negotiations / discussions
b. Progress on implementation of curriculum transformation
c. Approval of tentative agreement -
1) time schedule
2) voting on MOA
3) other issues
New Business -
17. Election of 5 delegates from Local 2364 to AFT National Convention -
Washington, DC - July 13 to 18, 2004
The President of Local 2364 is automatically a delegate per our constitution
Delegates must be a member of the Local
Nominations will be received from the floor and an election held at this meeting