What is Web Usability?
Web site usability is determined by:
- User Satisfaction - The degree to which users like the product. Measurement of attitude, perceptions, and feelings about the product.
- Learnability - The measure of how rapidly a user can become productive. A measure of how rapidly an infrequent user can re-learn the product after periods of not using it.
- User Effectiveness - The measure of user productivity and how well a user can perform his job.
- Efficiency - The measure of how quickly a user can perform work and the error rate in doing so. Minimizes chance for user errors. Undo/Re-Do, Esc, Short-Cuts available.
- Usefulness - The degree to which a product enables a user to do his work and achieve his goals.
Adapted from Environmental Systems Research Institute