Dr. David W. Letcher
Profesor of Information Systems Management
My Professional Activities during 2002
- Invited to be club advisor for TCNJ's MIS Society, a
student-run club consisting of students majoring primarily in information
systems management. Other interested persons are welcome too!
- Presented a three-hour talk on E-Government to twelve elected
county officials at the N.J. State House on January 18th. This talk,
"E-Government: Concepts and Findings", was one of five
seminars sponsored by the New Jersey Association of Counties and The
College of New Jersey. Two other speakers, Mr. Robert Yokavonus of
the Unisys Corporation, and Mr. Marc Pfeiffer, Deputy Director,
Community Affairs of the State of New Jersey, also gave presentations,
- Mentoring an Independent Study Student learning ABAP/4 a
computer programming language used to develop applications in SAP R/3.
SAP R/3 is an example of Enterprise Resource Planning Software
- Taught a Collegebound class on February 23rd how to create an
and a visual basic 6.0 application that allows the user to retrieve
records from the database. The Access database consisted of one table
containing records of animals in a zoo. Each animal was described in
fields such as animal name, type, date of birth, and disposition. A
photograph of each animal was included too. Collegebound is a
program that enables high school students to come to a college
environment and get a taste of college life and learning.
- Arranged for a speaker from IBM, Inc. to talk to our MIS
Society meeting of Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2002. The speaker presented a
multimedia-supported talk on IBM's commitment to Linus.
- Arranged for a speaker from TCNJ's IT department to talk to our
MIS Society meeting of Wednesday, March 27, 2002. The speaker talked
about our campus computer network, and current and future network
- Arranged for a speaker from Bristol-Myers Squibb to talk to our
MIS Society meeting of Tuesday, April 23, 2002. Mr. Jaime Pinto talked
about Enterprise Resource Planning with focus on SAP R/3.
- Attended and Participated in the Third Annual TCNJ Instructional
Technology Workshop held on May 14, 2002 here on the campus of The
College of New Jersey.
- Attended and Actively Participated in the 2002 SAP University
Faculty Workshop at St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Nova
Scotia from Sunday, June 2 through Friday, June 7, 2002. This
workshop was sponsored by SAP Canada and included a total of nine (9)
tracks. I completed a track entitled, "Reporting in SAP" which covered
LO930, Logistics Information Systems Reporting, CA705 Basics of the Report
Painter/Report Writer, and AC615 Executive Information System I -
Reporting. The other eight (8) tracks were: Financial Accounting,
Controlling, Human Resource Planning,
Production Planning, Accelerated SAP and CATT,
Financial Accounting, Controlling, and Systems Administration.
- Attended the 2002 conference of the International Business
Schools Computer Association in Savannah, Georgia from July 14 to July
2002. I and my wife presented a paper dealing with how schools of
business can reach out to help solve technology problems inherent
to non-profit agencies
- Attended a seminar entitled, "Application Service Providers and the NonProfit Sector"
by Druker, Rahl & Fein, a member of the Mercadien Group. This seminar was
held on September, 19, 2002.
Back to My Home Page