Dr. David W. Letcher
Information Systems Management Area Coordinator
School of Business
The College of New Jersey
My Professional Activities for 1999.
- Contracted by the Center for Training and Development at Mercer
County Community College to do a one-day training session on report
writing using Microsoft Access to employees in the financial area of
Educational Testing Service, January, 15, 1999. This workshop
involved creating reports from 'scratch' and from
the report wizard. Creating sub-reports was included too.
- Submitted a Paper for peer review to the International Business
Schools Computer Association Annual meeting to be held this July, 1999.
This paper is entitled, "Laptop Computing - Initial Faculty Responses to a
New Phenomenon" and is co-authored by two information systems management
majors. This paper has been accepted by the reviewers.
- Participated in a one-day "Technology Connection '99
sponsored by Irwin/McGraw-Hill on March 12, 1999, at Montgomery County
Community College, Pennsylvania. This program includes Skills Assessment
Testing, Microsoft Office 2000, Self-Directed Course Management, and
Online Course Delivery Options.
- Attended the Second Annual University Alliance Curriculum
Congress sponsored by SAP America, Inc. March 17 - 19, 1999, in
Chicago, Ill. SAP America, Inc. enters into alliances with colleges and
universities in order to enable them to fully integrate its SAP
enterprise-wide software into the curriculum.
- Participated in TCNJ's Annual Spring Day by showing high school
students and their parents how to surf the web.
- Presented a speech entitled, "The Year-2000 Problem"
Men's Breakfast Meeting of the Pennington, NJ, United Methodist Church on
April 17, 1999.
- Co-Presented a level-1 SAP workshop to my faculty colleagues in
TCNJ's School of Business on May 20th. Topics included the R/3 Reference
Model and its modeling techniques as well as an overview of the HR module.
- Presented a speech on "The Year 2000 Problem" to the Trenton
chapter of Zonta International, a service group of professional women on
June 3, 1999, at the Trenton Country Club.
- Lead two training sessons in Visual Basic v. 6.0 for two
groups of programmers from the State of New Jersey. Each session was
one-week in length. The first session was the week of June 7th; the
second was the week of June 14th. These sessions are being offered by
the Center for Training and Development at Mercer County Community
- Attended and Participated in the SAP Faculty Workshop at the
College of Business Administration of Central Michigan University held
from June 23rd to June 25th, 1999. Topics included Introduction to SAP,
SAP R/3 training fundamentals and functional modules, System Issues, and
business curriculum issues. A comprehensive case study capped off the
- Presented a paper entitled, "Laptop Computing-Faculty Responses
a New Phenomenon" to the 27th annual meeting of the International Business
Schools Computer Association (IBSCA) on Monday, July 19th in Atlanta,
Georgia. Two students, Elizabeth Luebeck and Ivan Kyatkin were
co-authors with me.
- Completed SAP50 R/3 Basis Technology a two-day training
course offered by SAP-ag of Germany. This course was be held from
September 9th to September 10th in Parsippany, NJ. It covered R/3
Infrastructure, Client/Server approach, Architecture, Database services,
Application services, Communication principles, Presentation services,
Software development technology, and systems management.
- Attended the two-day "University Alliance Session" which
part of SAPPHIRE '99 from September 15th to September 16th
Philadelphia, PA. This Alliance session included concurrent
sessions for new SAP Alliance members and for established SAP Alliance
- Completed a short-course in Digital Photography and Scanning
offered by User Support Services of TCNJ on October 14, 1999. This course
included an overview of image types used on the Web, the use of a scanner,
and the taking of pictures using a digital camera. Images taken with the
camera were incorporated in our respective web pages.
- Completed a Certificate Course entitled CIS 111-413, Web
Author an online course offered by New Jersey Institute of
Technology. This 30-hour course started on October 25th and ended on
26th. I was awarded 3.0 CEUs. Topics included basic and advanced HTML,
design. Full financial support for this course's tuition was received from
TCNJ's Career Development Committee.
- Will take BC 360, UNIX/Oracle , a five-day training course
SAP America, Inc. in Waltham, Mass. in January, 2000.
Back to My Home Page!