TCNJ Worm Lab
Welcome! You have reached The Worm Lab at TCNJ, run by Assistant Professor Sudhir Nayak, Ph.D,. We use Caenorhabditis elegans (C. elegans), a free-living nematode, to study germline development.
The primary interests of the lab are:
- Genetic and molecular analysis of germline development
- Control of protein degradation in the germline
- Sex determination in nematodes
- Development of novel small-molecule proteasome inhibitors
- Computational tools to facilitate sequence analysis.
We are always looking for talented, new undergraduate members to join our research team. Please see the "Opportunities" page for more information. Click the "Lab Alumni" link to see where members of our lab have continued their scholarship.