Reagents (for 1L):
- KH2PO4 monobasic (Fisher, S80146-1) - 98.4g
- K2HPO4 dibasic (Sigma, P3786-500g) - 48.2g
- DI H2O - 1 L.
- Add about 800 ml of the water to a graduated cylinder containing a stir bar. Place on a magnetic stirrer.
- Add both salts while the solution is stirring.
- Add the remaining DI water to the 1L mark. Continuing stirring until the solution is clear.
- Autoclaving this reagent causes it to crash out of solution. Instead, use a vacuum filtration system to remove any impurities from the solution. Practice sterile technique when removing the filter and applying the cap to the bottle.
Vacuum Filtration System (VRW 87006-068).
Image taken from VWR website