Handouts | Lesson
US History I
The Patriot Guided Questions
Directions: Answer each question based upon what you see
in The Patriot.
- What year does the movie start out in?
- Which colony do the Martinís live in?
- What city do the Martinís travel to for the Colonial
- How many colonies give money for a Continental Army?
- When Gabriel is writing the letter to his family, where
is he and who does he see on the horse?
- What happens to the Colonial wounded at the Martinís
- Who is Gabrielís commanding officer in the army?
- Why does Gabriel go into the church?
- What does Benjamin do with his sonís toy soldiers?
- What fighting tactic do Benjamin and his men use to
fight the British?
- What do Benjamin and his men get when the capture the
- What do Benjamin and his men do to the British supply
- What happens to slaves that give one year of service in
the Continental Army?