Minutes of Phi Kappa Phi Meeting
February 9, 2000
Present:Debbie Compte, Ed Conjura, Daryl Fair, Neil Greenbaun, Jo-Ann Gross, Nancy Hingston, Klug, Don Lovett, Marcia O'Connell, Aigli Papantounopoulou, Beth Paul, John Pollack, Jesse Rosenblum.
1. Dr. Greenbaun indicated that the deadline for submission of Student/Faculty Scholarship applications is Monday, April 3, 2000. The Chapter will meet on April 12 at 11:00 A.M. to select the award recipients.
- The members discussed the chapter's nominee for the Phi Kappa Phi graduate fellowship. After discussion and ranking, the members unanimously selected Michael Verzi from Biology as the nominee. A cash award will also be given to Gerum and Weiss, the amount of which shall depend upon the state of finances.
- The financial report was postponed to the next meeting.
- The names of the following faculty were submitted for membership in Phi Kappa Phi: Blyth Hynitz (education), Ellen Freede (education), Steve Briggs (Provost and Psychology). Because Annemarie Mills was out with influenza; therefore, the new initiates status report was postponed until the next meeting.
- The next meeting will be held on April 12:00 at 11:00 A.M.
Jesse H. Rosenblum