THE HONOR SOCIETY OF PHI KAPPA PHI
September 29, 1999
Present: Susan Boughn, Daniel Crofts, Ellen Friedman, Neil Greenbaun, Jo Ann Gross, Nancy Hingston, Annemarie Mills, Marcia O’Connell, Aigli Papantonopoulou, and Beth Paul
- Election of Officers – Members voted to re-elect the current slate of officers for the next academic year. A. Mills will draft a job description of the Secretary position for consideration as an ex officio staff assignment within Academic Affairs.
- Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship – A. Mills announced the materials for graduate fellowship applications will be available in Green Hall 207. A. Mills will forward a flier to B. Paul for distribution to all faculty via e-mail or a faculty list-serv. A. Mills will send letters to seniors with a 3.5 or higher encouraging them to apply for the fellowship. A. Mills will circulate an announcement to all department chairs and put an ad in The Signal.
- Student - Faculty Research Scholarships for Spring, 2000 – Members agreed on a November 15, 1999, application deadline. A. Mills will forward a flier to B. Paul for distribution to all faculty via e-mail or a faculty list-serv. A. Mills will circulate an announcement to all department chairs and put an ad in The Signal. A. Mills will notify prior applicants of the deadline for application. The following members agreed to serve on the selection committee: E. Friedman, Jo-Ann Gross, Nancy Hingston, and Aigli Papantonopoulou.
- Treasurer – A. Papantonopoulou presented the attached report.
- Promotion of Excellence Grant – N. Greenbaun circulated information about a grant available through the national office of Phi Kappa Phi and suggested The College of New Jersey apply for it to support The Journal of Student Scholarship. M. O’Connell will call the national office to clarify the application deadlines for future grants.