Midterm Review Guide Total: 50 questions
Multiple choice: 38 questions
True/false: 12 questions
- Be familiar with the primitive data types: int, double or float, char, Bool, and the non primitive string class along with the functions in string class.
- Understand type casting: ex: casting from int to double.
- Know how to use functions in cmath library.
- Understand the relationships of prototypes with functions headers and calling statements.
- Trace and select correct output involving void functions and functions with return types, and functions with both value and reference parameters.
- Know the differences between calling void functions and calling functions with return types.
- Know the operators +, -, *, /, %, <, <=, >, >=, = =. !=, &&, ||, !; the order of operations with these operators; which are relational operators and which are logical operators.
- Make sure you understand and can use the shortcut operators in code such as: x++, x+=5, x*= 3, x-=2, x--
- Which operators when used in an expression evaluate to true or false.
- Understand the use of if, if/else, nested if, else if ladders and switch/case.
- Understand about pre and post conditions.
- What are Boolean expressions
- Why is “apple” > “Apple”?
- Know the structure and syntax for while and do/while loops and reasons for using them.