The Adaptive Technology Center for New Jersey Colleges
The College of New Jersey
Funded by the New Jersey Commission on Higher Education’s Special Needs Grant Program, the Adaptive Technology Center for New Jersey Colleges provides
access to appropriate technology tools to New Jersey college students who have disabilities. The center disseminates information on assistive technology,
operates an adaptive technology lending program, and provides outreach and training to faculty, staff and students at New Jersey colleges and universities.
The Adaptive Technology Center for New Jersey Colleges is one of several regional centers
supported by the Commission on Higher Education. The other centers, located at selected community colleges and four-year colleges around the state, focus on best practices
for college students who are deaf/hard of hearing or who have learning disabilities.
Go to http://www.state.nj.us/highereducation/grants/special_needs.htm for a complete list of all the regional centers.
• Links to all New Jersey Special Needs Regional Centers
• Downloadable copy of the 2009 NJ Higher Education Disability Support Directory
• Information about the Equipment Lending Program for NJ college students with
• Assistive Technology Resource Sheets:
-Accessible Web Page Design Guidelines
-Assistive Technology Tools for Transition from High School to College
-Converting Electronic Text into Audio Format
-Electronic Text Internet Sites
-Internet Resources to Support Students with Disabilities Through the
Use of Technology
-Technology Tools for Students with Learning Disabilities
-Technology Tools for Students Who are Blind or Visually Impaired
-Technology Tools for Students Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
-Using What You Have: Customization Features in MS Word for Windows
2007 for students
who Struggle with Reading and Writing
• Online copies of TECH-NJ
• Information about the New Jersey AltFormat Center
• Product support information for assistive technology products commonly used
by college students with
• Links to useful assistive technology websites.