tcnj logo


Q. How do I pay my monthly rent?
A. Rents are to be mailed or dropped off at the Corporation no later than the first day of each month. The TSC Corporation also offers payroll deduction for all full-time employees who participate in the Corporation housing program.

Q. How much security do you require?
A. The Corporation requires one and one-half months of security which is held at Wachovia Bank.  This amount is due with the first month's rent, prior to move-in.

Q. Are there any furnished rooms available?
A. Unfortunately, the Corporation does not have any furnished rooms, apartments or homes for rental on a temporary or full-time basis.

Q. How long does my lease run?
A.   While the move-in day of your lease may fluctuate, pending your actual arrival date, all leases expire on June 30th, the last day of the fiscal year.

Q.   How do I terminate my lease?
A.   The termination of any lease requires three months' notice in writing to the Corporation.

Q.   Where will my children attend school?
A.   Ewing Township determines the schools that children will attend by their age and address.  Because they have recently changed their method of assigning schools, it is necessary for you to contact the Ewing Township Board of Education to determine which school your child will attend. Tenants residing in Hopewell homes will need to contact the Hopewell Valley Regional School District to determine which school your child will attend in Hopewell Valley .

Q.   Does the TSC Corporation allow pets?
A.   The Corporation does allow pets providing that the tenant be responsible for any damages resulting from the pet. This includes, but is not limited to, replacement of carpets, flooring, cabinetry, etc. Additionally, all tenants are responsible for following all local and state laws pertaining to pets.  In our Exchange Housing (furnished houses), there is a no pet policy.

Q.   What utilities and services are included in my rent?
A.   Depending on the individual home or apartment, utilities are generally the responsibility of the tenant, however, individual property specifications should be referenced.  Lawn care and snow removal services, as well as taxes, sewer and water, are all provided by the Corporation.

Q.   Where can I do my laundry?
A.   While apartments are equipped with washers and dryers in the building, homes are not. Some homes have washers and dryers which were part of the original home purchase.  These appliances will not be repaired or replaced by the Corporation if broken; however, tenants are certainly welcome to use them.

Q.   Are Corporation homes and apartments air conditioned?
A.   Some Corporation homes are equipped with central air conditioning while others are not. For further information regarding air conditioning for a particular home, please check the individual property specification. 

Q.   Is cable television service available to the residences?
A.   Cable television can be provided by Comcast Cable Television . Tenants may contact them directly and arrange for various cable television services.

Q.   Is bus service available?
A. NJ Transit provides local bus service and can be contacted directly for schedules to suit your needs.


Trenton State College Corporation

PO Box 7718

Ewing, NJ 08628-0718

Phone) 609.771.3312

Fax) 609.637.5127


Meet the Staff


Directions from TCNJ:

Go straight from front entrance of college onto Carlton Avenue. 54 Carlton is the second home on the right side of the road, approximately 1/4 mile.